My vacation week is winding down, This weekend is full of Heritage Hill days, Threshing show, tractor pulls, old time music, good food, good friends and old crafts! I love it. We have been active in this organization for close to 17 years now, We have watched it grow... (Still growing) and both of our daughters have had the opportunity to serve as the threshing show site queen, representing the club in community parades, and community events within a 50 mile radius and let me tell you, It keeps us busy! So I thought perhaps some of you would like to take a sneak peek in our Heritage Hill Days

This is on the front porch of a small homestead...a lady and her grad-daughter with a loom, The little girl so proudly told me the wool make the yarn so grandma can make her something pretty because she is soon 7 and wants something home made!

In side the little homestead in one corner is the stove.....Oh I love old homes like this

Opposite direction is a bench sitting with a throw over it.

I stood over by the bench ans snapped this of the dining room table that sits smack in the middle of the room...

across from the bech in the other corner was the bed and a pair of old overalls,

A loom, and old china clost, I have a similar closet like this down in my basement pantry that I actually place my canned goods in, It belongs to my husbands grandparents, same color and everything.

We have a hug kitchen and serve 3 meals a day out there plus coffee, rools and ice cream and pies.....my youngest daughter sitting and visintng one of the members this morning....Today she gives up her royalty

One of her co-workers came to see her before she left for college! I thought that was special

The 450 international used to be my fatherin laws, its been restored my husband uses it in the threshing days ...today we did a tractor oull with it and he pulled 168 feet.

Ready to take off......
Just a small part of my weekend....I highly encourage any of you if you like old cars, old machinery... good food and just reliving in the past for a few days......I invite ya to come visit us in person...motels not far from us and also we have a campground...or you can visit us on the web too! Hope you enjoy.
Looks like you had a great weekend. The old homesteads are really fun to look at.
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures. Heritage Days sounds like lots of run. We are having a county fair this weekend and I may just go to it to get in a bit of that country living feeling. :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks like the coolest place to visit! I just love those places where they have people dressed for the time period and demonstating all the old skills and tasks. Great picutres! thanks for bringing us along. :)
ReplyDelete