August is just slipping by me, I can't believe it is the middle of the month already! I have hardly got my to do list done this summer and guess what....My oldest moves 1 week from today back to college! UGH,
Any how, I do have this next week off and I hope to be able to catch up on several projects, plus get a lot of stuff done around here in the yard, garden and such.
this is a start of one of my projects today.....lids still popping as I type this, I pulled half a row of beets and came to the house with 3 bags full. So far only one bag completed to process, and I have 7 quarts full now and still getting some ready to peel and cut!
I tried a new recipe, pickled green beans, I am going to share this over in my gardening ganders blog, they are sooooooooooooo good, and super easy to do, I got this recipe from a co-worker!
I was up early this morning, Green beans are keeping me super high and busy! So far I have done 25 pint jars, have given tons of em away and they are still flowering! LOL
Any how today is my first day of 10 for vacation, Im not really planning on going any where other than local stuff to do....one the time and 2 the cost of stuff, but its ok. next yr I will just maybe be more prepared,
So far today I did up 6 pints of green beans and 12 quarts of beets, one load of laundry, picked some more out of the garden, I have the water hose running down on our little trees (which is on my list to do as they really need weeding!) I took off this morning for about 2 hours, went to buy some more quart jars, and I also treated myself to a massage, talk about heavenly! Well at least until I came back through the door! LOL
Will post more tomorrow! Headed over to update garden ganders

Those sure do look good! I just planted a bit of each thing so I don't have anything to can. Maybe next year. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! You've sure been busy! Doesn't it feel great when you finish this project and that one? Stay cool! :):)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you and your garden have been busy. This year has gone so fast. I think with the weather changing early doesn't help.
ReplyDelete