Friday, August 14, 2009

Fun Friday!

My day began early this morning with my alarm going off at 6:00. Now mind you I am on vacation and really did a grumble when I had to get up 40 minutes earlier due to an appointment with some other ladies, after getting dressed and grabbing a fast java hubby says to me "Arent you gonna wear any makeup?" UGH...No I said, I am on vacation! Not like makeup would do me any good today any how with temps reaching in the 90's and the humidity just as high!

I met up with 2 other co-workers and we took off for for a local college and all 3 signed up to take a class in medication assistant, this is a 6 week course in pharmacology and certifies us for passing meds in any medical setting....Now this is a kicker as we get our books, take off for the closest restraunt and all have breakfast together, and all of a sudden I realize I am the oldest here, which they delighted in the little brats! we sat and visited and went through our books, contemplated travels and costs and food....the classes will be for 6 weeks, 2 nights a week...beginning Sept 1...Now that is not far off!! YIKES

After we ate, we went to the local mall and all 3 hit the bookstore finding out we all had similar hobbies and intrests, art, reiki and jornals, I bought a new book on embroidery stitches and picked up the lastes quilting arts magazine and bought a new journal to do in this adventure, I have a feeling as some new friendships grow this will be a fast 6 weeks and yet a challenge, but needs to be done.

I got home and now back to normal with more beets being prepared to be placed in the canner yet tonight and still get some laundry caught up. Not too bad of a day if I say so my self and finally caught up in reading blogs!

Ya I know stressful!! :) Have a good evening all and a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You are so busy! Don't you just love those sweet comments from hubby, lol.

    I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to following it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you have a blast with your classes! I have always enjoyed learning something new. How exciting! You might be really tired and we might not hear from you as often, but you can do anything for six weeks, right? And sounds like it will all be worthwhile. Have fun!! September is coming quickly. I hope you'll have time to tell us about your journey. And take pictures! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really fun day, especially the bookstore.
    There are many days that I don't wear makeup and I really don't care anymore.

    ReplyDelete