Thursday, May 14, 2009

Looks of Spring!

This is what it looks like on a good day looking up into my yard
While back I shared a photo of Duane digging, now hes busy planting that same field tonight!

New buds on one of the trees I planted last year!


this is the flower bed of perinneals by my garage I planted last yr and wow they are coming full fold now!



One little tulip by my garden angel!




Watermelons are up.....got a total of 5 hills





Cant see them too well but the onions are up too! So fun to watch this!



I hope as the spring and summer progress I can share my garden and yard with all that care to come and see...such a great hobby and I feel its a great way to connect with the earth and some how in a small way give back!
Until next time...........................



6 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures! Your garden is coming along nicely. I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Celticspirit...I am looking forwad to watching yours grow as well! From Minnesota to Oklahoma!! Good gardeners! *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, that's how spring looks in IA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well not sure how it looks in Iowa as I am in Minnesota, but I am guessing very similar. Things changing fast here so will take more photos. Amazing what a week will do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent one of my most memorable Spring vacations with a dear friend on her family farm near the Oregon-Idaho border back in the 70's. I learned so much that I never knew about the resiliency of the human spirit, about a generationally deep love of the land, of the healing aspects of earth as the outside evidence of an inner power carried by peoples' dedication to subsistence and growth, and how bonded it truly made families. It is a hard and challenging path...but one of the most sacred in its relationship to the amazing spirit carried by our farm families. These pictures speak volumes. Thanks for sharing this part of a life many of us will never know otherwise!

    May 18, 2009 9:37 AM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking place! Love seeing the plants coming up and will be looking forward to more pictures as they grow this summer. Living in an apartment--it is especially nice to see! :)

    ReplyDelete