Saturday, October 31, 2009

Frustrating Fall and Just Random Thoughts

It has probably been one of the most stressful falls I have seen in the 20 years I have been married to a farmer! Wet wet wet.....its rained we had 2 inches of snow mixed with rain yesterday...all I can say for that was it was pretty how it hung on the trees...We have managed tog et 130 acres of beans out on the high ground but the low stuff we have to wait until it freezes, at this rate we will still be trying to combine the corn in January unless we have a wonderful Novemeber!.......Any how the good thing that came out of some of this is one rainy day hubby says to me...why dont ya go do some Christmas shopping so we are not so pressed for this in December.....soooo along the way


I stopped in Clara City MN, a very small quilt shop called Shades of the Past... the owners name is Darci and she has some gorgeous fabrics and specializes in different wools, shes got a scrap bin that I raid each time I go! A very welcomeing place to go hang out if you ever get that way!
Along the drive over to Willmar MN I saw the beet farmers were busy pileing beets... a far away shot but still shows some of the process.


A line of beet trucks waiting to get dumped.


This is just a glimpse of the mud we have fought for equipment in and out of the fields.




A semi load of sugar beets coming my way headed to the beet dump.


This is taken right outside of Milan MN along HWY 40, this is why we cant harvest most fields look like this! :(






A peek at our farm from a distance....was a welcome view after a day of shopping and getting a hair cut.....
Now to get back to some normal in my life or at least what I call normal...the oldest daughter is home from college this weekend for a funeral of a former classmate and is heading back to Marshall tomorrow... always good to see her and play catch up on the events in her life.
Any how thats all the news from here, Hope you all have a great weekend and a safe halloween!
Rebag




3 comments:

  1. Hi Reba!
    Isn't it fun to stop at the little shops that supply us with our addictions--hehe! Yes--it has been soooo wet and dark and chilly. You must have gotten hit with that heavy snow that just barely grazed us here in Fargo. Have fun with your daughter when she comes to visit. Too bad it is for such a sad reason. Let's hope November is a sunnier month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Prayers for a good November! Glad you got out for a spell & thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reba, Hope you have a better month in November. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Here is the link to Art Every Day; http://creativeeveryday.com/ Are you thinking of doing it?
    Take care,
    judy

    ReplyDelete