Monday, October 8, 2012

Meander and Art show

 What  a long  but  WONDERFUL weekend......Showed some art...bought  some art...went  studio  hopping.....It just  can not  get much better than that!!Above  is the  table that  I displayed.....Commissioned  a few  things  as well...soo.......guess what  I will be  doing  now  between  clients   LOL~
 I love this  quilt.....and the  Chinese  lanterns....
 Pottery......I can  not  wait   for  his  stuido  to open I want  some of  his  items
 Some of the  art work on display~
 Rosemaling~
 We served   3  types of soup  and   pumpkin bars....Lots of people came  through~
 This   lady  does   photography and  sells her  prints....as well as magnets and journals....  I do ow some of her art and  I  bought  2 of her  journals...I will share  those  in  another  blog  post!
 Beautiful  displays~
 It   is  really fun to sit back and  just  watch the  people and listen to them  talk

 The  crowds  were small  but  steady/......Which  was  great  none of the  artists  felt that  over whelming  feeling~

 Volunteers  really came   out  and   worked  as  teams  and made this happen!   I truly  hope we can make  this  happen more  out here!

Great  chats.......great food...great  art.....  GREAT  weekend.



Blessings to all  until next  time~

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a real community event with wonderful ART and delicious treats. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderfully creative community and great space ~ hope you sold lots ~ (A Creative Harbor) on Tuesday ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to have been there! About your bowl, how is that made? I've been enjoying making vessels lately. I'd love to see a close up, is it still for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Barbara.... The bowl I created was done by using coiled method...some people use small gauge wire....I like clothesline rope...or a fine nylon rope works well too... Coiled and stitch as you go...I add in some fibers... you can do the handles any way you wish...this particular basket I did knots and added buttons.... I have made so many of these..about two years ago I took a class on these and have been hooked ever since..... I will get some close up photos for you later today and post them here for you to see.............

      Delete
  4. Wish I'd been there; looks like a great event and who could pass up three kinds of soup and pumpkin bars,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete