Wednesday, May 23, 2012

 You know it is going to be  one of those days/ weeks  when  hubby  wakes you up at 5 a.m. and  say  " how  much  of the  garden can you trnsplant?".........Now mind you this did  not surprise  me as  we  had   talked  about  a new  shed  but   decided to  wait  and see  how the  crops  were  going to turn  out  so he  told me  to go ahead  and plant the  garden............We would move it in  a year  so I did..................
 LOL  I should have known better.......Sooooooooo the  process  begins............to tear up a new garden spot......and  the  worst  part  was...I  was  told   the man  wants to begin the  project   next week  (which  is now  this week)
 So devouted and  to keep me from grumbling too bad  we  broke new ground..................... after  a day  of  just  breaking  down the  ground  it  did  not  do too bad.............
 While he was  breaking the new  ground  I went to check on the baby killdeers//////  all  4  did   hatch.....................
 And then of  course not just the garden has  to move....so does  my sewing and  craft shop....recall the one  I redid in the  old dairy  barn........................... ya.......well  it  just so happens  at the local wellness fair  a lady  next to me there  promoting their  fitness center  was  telling me  about their  plans  for  the  old  High school  in Milan  MN...since   the  schools all merged   a few  years  ago the  community  was  trying to  figure out  what to do with the  school............So they  decied to  rent  class rooms to local  artisians!!
 Soooooooooooooo  one  phone  call  and  a  full check book  later....a  friend  and I  went to in together  to rent this  class room................................
 My  friend  admiring the  view...............  She    is an artist  and  does  oils and  acrylic and  watercolor......................................  So  she  and I  proceed  to  move  stuff in...........
 Hence the paints..............papers.......fabrics,  shelves  books.....collage  items  you name it  its all got to be  moved.........
 Even our  puppies  were  told they  could  come............my little  man  loves  this
 On a brighter  note  my herbs are doing  great  down in my  old  shop.......  Roman Chamomile.
 Got  some  sage  here,  This is not  something I normally  grow  but  one of my  94   yr   young  clients   said  she  used  to make  sage  teas............so  while I was  out  green house  hopping   found  some   for  her,................:)
 and of  course  I  have to have   lavender!!
 Getting back to the garden...the  transplant   did   take a shock....which  I knew they  would  but....they are  slowly  coming  back.........  just  might  not  produce  as well as  Id  like........
 Sweet peppers  do not   look too  bad
 Onions  bounced back way better than I thought they  would
 Raspberries  took a hard  hit
But the blue berries  did  not  seem to mind..at least  not yet.


So now  you have the  latest   from this  house.....not  much....I  have   this week  yet to get all my stuff moved....and  I am well over  half   done//  BUT/.  UGH  I  am way too old  to be  doing this  but  on a good  note.......I did  lose  ten  pounds in this  process    (LOL)


Hope you all have  a great week!!



1 comment:

  1. You have so much going on....glad you are taking it all in stride! What are you going to do in the classroom? Teach art?
    Love the herbs....they look great. I hope the rest of your transplanted garden recovers. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete