Sunday, April 22, 2012

 I love my  flowers!!!   Spring has once again   kissed and  blessed me with some vibrant  colors in my  little area of the  garden.......
 The weather has been so up and  down..... a few days  back  it  was going to dip down into the 30's...sooooooo   Out I went  and  snipped what   was   blooming....
 Or close to  blooming.......came in with  a small jar  full of fresh tulips  to brighten  the  home...
 Most  Tuesdays  I venture to Montevideo  to quilt  with a  group of ladies from church....well the  above quilt they had pretty  much   done except the binding  so I offered to bring it home and  finish  it...and   I  have...it is ready to deliver  Tuesday!!
 Pretty  light  colors...headed to some  mission project/
 This little  quilt  I  put together and tied as well..Though  I am not a huge fan of tied quilts this seems to be the  method those  ladies  prefer/
 It now  sits  and  waits a binding  as well..  I need to by thread to match for this to be  complete
  Came across  an idea  for  cakes  and thought it was  cute  so had to make  it  for oldest daughters   Birthday....she   will be 22
 Supposed to be a sunflower...not perfect  but certainly made  with  love
 daughter and her boyfriend
 Daughter  had a  classmate  get married this  past weekend so she  came home.....they  do clean  up nice once in a great while   LOL
Daughter with her  cake.......Hope to take  her out to eat  Tues  night.....


Not much  else happening here.....been  cold, raining, and  gray.  Supposed to hit  in the 80's  this week!!!  Just maybe  I can get the  rest of the  garden in!!

 Hope you all have  a great week

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is just beautiful as is that cake! Creative ideas are such fun to pass on, appreciate this one! Fun scrappy quilts and every once in a while I love to tie them...the old fashioned charm just gets me every time :)

    ReplyDelete