Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring

 I am not sure where this year is going at all.... DANG  soon April folks!   Youngest  daughter and  hr  boyfriend  riding on a new toy..good for   lawn care and fishing  LOL  may I say  multi purpose  buggy....yes!!!
 Not long after the  kids had  Spring  break...the snow melted and  we  had  some gorgeous  days  even  a few in the  upper 60's and  low 70"s..then one afternoon  I hear what  I love..thunder rolling in from the  West....I am not sure why  I am so addicted to storm  clouds....
 But  I have always  loved  to watch them...and within a few minutes of these  photos  we got our first  Spring  rain....
 This si what  it looked  liked  right before the  rains
 So much  moisture  we need this.....Been an unusual dry  winter...very  mild for us and that  usually  means  a drought to  follow for the  farmers
 Wahlah!!  Look  at the  difference after the rain.... just greened right  up..amazing huh/
 Now that means   if this  keeps up by  Mid April I might have to mow and I am  not at all crazy about that  idea.....   But  the  green is  welcome  :)
I even  got  some stuff in hot  box  started.....far left is   Roma  Tomatoes/ The  middle is  purple  cornflowers.....and the right side is  Broccoli/   Hope if  weather  permits I  will be  planting  spuds on Good Friday!!


Caught myself a  slight head  cold so  took  today off....Rumor has it that flu  has  hit   some schools and  nursing  homes in the  area....Sure hope I can  stay clear of that!!  So back to my cough drops  and Kleenex and soups....

Hope you all  have a  Blessed week!



1 comment:

  1. I love storm clouds too - AND thunder. :-)
    Those photos are great - especially the one with the green grass (after the rain!) Amazing. Hope you feel better. Happy CED! xoxo

    ReplyDelete